ORBITING THE SUN
In the expansive sea of dust, where there were twinkling stars,
I only ever noticed the beguiling darkness coating it all.
We could have danced harmoniously in Venus, letting go of past wars.
Like a marble sculpture, our love would stand tall.
But in the face of Mars, my tears turned crimson.
With Neptune's ethereality, everything dimmed in comparison.
My pain could have been crystallized into diamond rains,
Instead, all that I held dear evaporated in dust storms, tightening my gilded chains.
The luck Jupiter bestows never falls upon fools.
Hence, my body plunged into Pluto's underworld, a ritual for drained souls.
But isn't dying with dignity and poise a better way to go,
Than from the hubris of believing you can touch the Sun and be safe from the deadly crow?
No, love is not blind,
For I have always known that not every ending is kind.
.png)

Comments
Post a Comment